Just when I was doing a full Microsoft products suite cycle onto my home lab server, I found out that my disks IO can no longer handle that kind of load that I am looking for and at the same time it doesn’t fully stimulate what will my prospect environment will be.
So I decided that I should be getting one of those SME (Small Medium Enterprise) range of NAS (Network Attached Storage) to compliment my home lab. After much gruelling days of thinking (because I don’t have that much budgets to explore too high-end stuffs) and concluded that it is worth the investment to go into what I have right now seated on my desk.
Let’s go through the usual unboxing which I always does!
- I bought 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red hard drives because Red type of WD drives are recommended for NAS. Although I love to pack SSD in it, but doesn’t make sense for testing Exchange farms (based on experience).
- Closer look into my 4 drives.
- Closer look into my Synology NAS 412+
- I love the way how the internal compartment is being stored.
- Always remember to register for warranty!
I will be then detailing out on more how I utilize my new little baby subsequently!