We are coming to an end of Year 2013 and all are ready to welcome Year 2014. Today I am going to do something new for this blog (miltongoh.com) which I believe most of the bloggers are already doing it. I am going to write about how Year 2013 and what I hope to achieve it Year 2014.
Let’s look back at Year 2013, a hectic year for sure.
- Attended F5 iRules Training – Although this is really an intermediate class for professional who have prior experience in F5 appliances, I still think I did pretty well and therefore have learnt some bits and pieces from the instructor.
- Started my first paid classes to polished up my Windows Server 2008 R2 skills at New Horizons – Although this didn’t turned out to be a positive matter because the way how the program is being structured, it’s terrible! Wouldn’t believe “Mentored-Learning” anymore. I still prefer the classroom way of mentor lecturing in the classroom which will be filled with real-world experiences.
- Achieved my first MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) in Private Cloud.
- Attended ITIL Foundation v3 training proudly sponsored by my company, Dimension Data (Singapore) and attained my certification.
- Got promoted! *Hooray* Thanks to my boss at Dimesion Data (Singapore).
- Helped out at the very first PowerShell Saturday Singapore thanks to Matthew Hitchcock (PowerShell MVP).
- Achieved my MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional) in SharePoint 2010 Administration – my MCTS SharePoint 2010, Configuring got a little rusty and this certificate comes in handy like finally.
- Got nominated and awarded as an Incredible Member in my organization for the year. *hooray* – Thanks to the anonymous person who think highly of me. (Probably there is only one).
- Completed my last four papers for my Bachelor Degree.
- Got my results for my Bachelor Degree and yes, I finally completed my three-years long course.
- Applied and attained my MCT (Microsoft Certified Trainer) certification.
That’s just some of the high-level items that really worth noting down and some of the technologies that I have played with and meddled with or rather got my hands really dirtied with…
- SharePoint 2013
- Windows Server 2012
- Cisco Technologies – Digital Media Player
- VMWare ESXi Hypervisor – Including vMotion
These are really the focus for the year.
Outlook for Year 2014
Here I will try to list down some of the items that I am going to aim for and hopefully to achieved them within the new 365 days.
- Join the Winter Scripting Games 2014 – January 2014 – These will be a 4 weeks long program. This is my first time joining so hope to learn more about PowerShell out of this.
- Speak at PowerShell Saturday Singapore 003 – February 2014 – Have sent my sessions details over and hopefully everything will go smooth.
- Committed to PowerShell User Group Singapore – Will be helping Matthew Hitchcock out to promote PowerShell to all the Singapore IT Pros. Hopefully they will see the light as we did.
- Attain the MCSA – Office 365 certification
- Share my knowledge with the community since a huge part of knowledge is derived from the community.
Cheers and Happy New Year to all!