Milton Goh, a huge fan of Automation and a technology fanatic. He currently works as a full-time Developer at an amazing organization known as Dimension Data. He has lays his fingers on multiple projects in Dimension Data and has uphold a couple of roles internally or externally. Sometimes he is stands up as the Architect (mainly Infrastructure Integration) to the Consultant (Providing solutions to the engineers and mainly customers) to the Engineer (a strong believer in getting his hands dirty!) to the Developer (it’s a past tense already as of now as he gave up on his role as a SharePoint Developer – his title then) to the Joker (bringing laughter to colleagues around and making the office a fun place to work in!).
Prior joining Dimension Data, he kick-start his career in an organization known as Cyberville eServices which he plays the role of Software Engineer to Solutions Consultant to Pre-Sales Consultant while leading a team of fun-loving folks!
He focus heavily on Microsoft technologies and have been doodling with Windows Server many years ago. Remember those days of managing a couple of Windows Server 2000 server where he manages the whole corporate infrastructure (not a huge one) containing a mixture of Active Directory, Files Server and Web-Servers. The painful days of managing servers where Developers freely used it to host sites for their testing and the Developer only hope is that the server will display the desire results as per coded. Managing a farm of servers is common for Milton as he get used to working with multiple servers (to be honest, at the very old days, we do not even use Server Clustering! All servers just lives in its own world!)
He has spent a couple of years working on Visual Studio (starting with .NET 2.0 to 3.0), starting from the 2005 version till 2008 then 2010; then to exploring SQL Server 2005/2008; then finally on one fine day when he came to know that his company is bidding for their first huge SharePoint project based on 2010 where he volunteered to be part of the team. He was then granted his wish to be part of the team where he explored the following based on his own initiative.
- Building the SharePoint Environment for Developers
- Building the Right-Infrastructure for SharePoint
- Deploying SharePoint on the Cloud (Amazon Web Services)
Deploying SharePoint on the Cloud at that point of time wasn’t supported by the cloud provider and we were the pioneer System Integrator that successfully deployed it onto the Cloud! From then, he has gained interests in anything that can be deployed or resides in the Cloud. Thus, it brings him further to explore technologies like Windows Azure, Office 365 and various Hybrid Deployment scenarios.
During his free times, he find himself meeting up with different professionals to discuss about current trending and problem(s) that they may have faced in their organization. He also find himself providing consultation to middle management to senior management people from various organization on how they can make use of Microsoft technologies to help enrich the productivity of their organization and to increase efficiency of the employees.
- Microsoft Certified Trainer
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (Private Cloud)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (Windows Server 2012)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (Virtualization Administrator on Windows Server 2008 R2)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (Administering and Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (Windows Server 2008 R2, Desktop Virtualization)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (Windows Server 2008 R2, Server Virtualization)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (SharePoint 2010, Configuration)
- AIIM SharePoint Practitioner
- AIIM SharePoint Specialist
If you need someone to talk to about technology, especially gadgets, feel free to contact Milton at the following.